Last updated: June 26, 2015
Training and Exp TableEdit
The easiest way to make your players stronger and to improve their performance is to level them up. The stat differences between a unit at level 1 and at max level are enormous. Leveling up your players will also gain them one skill point for every 5 levels. Skill points and how they are invested are pivotal to a player's stats, abilities, usage, and performance.
|EXP needed (Approx.)|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 20||88,920|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 30||392,470|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 40||1,065,675|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 50||2,210,050|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 60||4,310,050|
|Lvl 1 to Lvl 70||7,691,450|
There are two general ways to level up your players. The first, and the slower method, is to play matches in Story Mode, the Space-Time Continuum, Colosseum or in PVP. Winning AND losing with gain your players EXP.
The second method is by feeding them other players, preferably penguins and Kuma. Kuma give the most exp but they are rarer, available mostly from seasonal achievements, gatekeeper matches in Colosseum, and scouting. Penguins give less exp then Kuma but are easier to farm. They can be gained from guerrilla matches that appear at set times throughout the day and week. These matches are only open for an hour each time. There is an in-game scheduler that keep track of various matches, and in how many days:minutes:seconds they begin.
|West / East||Attribute||Times (PDT)|
|Sunday / Monday||Dark||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Monday / Tuesday||Ardor||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Tuesday / Wednesday||Thunder||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Wednesday / Thursday||Whirlwind||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Thursday / Friday||Light||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Friday / Saturday||Random||8am, 2pm, 8pm, 2am|
|Saturday /Sunday||Random||8am, 4pm, 12:00am|
The shop also offers very easy matches that grant three 6* penguins for the tune of 10 crystals. These special matches can be brought at any time but are only repeatable every 4 hours.
Leveling Guide And TipsEdit
- Complete the 4-stamina penguin matches for a lot of experience points. It is relatively easy to do and you may even get 5-star penguins as a reward. The "Very Hard" 8-stamina version is too difficult for most beginners; you will usually run out of time before defeating the penguins if you do not have a proper deck assembled.
- It is strongly recommended to feed fodder cards all. As your players level up, the cost of training per fodder card increases. Each fodder card may cost you anywhere between 2,000 to 10,000 gold. Penguins and Kuma are most efficient in terms of EXP to gold costs. If you chose to train with player units rather then penguins, instead of feeding eight weak cards to your level 40 player, feed the weak cards to each other to build up a stack of high-level weak cards. You can then use these weak cards to feed to your level 40 player, which will still gain a considerable amount of experience points, whilst still allowing you to save a lot of gold.
|EXP w/ attribute bonus||EXP w/o attribute bonus|
- Don't waste any Glory Points (GP) trying to get any 3 star trainers, scouts, or sponsors. You will get many of the trainers from the free match rewards. You will get Lohengrin as your sponsor easily and AU71 Caron as your scout usually from friendship draws. You can swap managers to make use of their passives. Use Eluel to get an exp boost when you are doing story mode, then swap to Mumu for her stat boosts when you need them for an important match. The managers' active skills will get reset every time you swap them but the 3BP that it gives really isn't worth waiting for in the long run.
- It is recommended that you buy some inventory slots. There are tons of upgrading materials and Swirly cards which you will eventually get. The Swirly cards give a random stat boost if fed to a player card. However, these work on a success rate, which are fairly low so it is advisable to use about eight of them at a time to boost your chances of success. Save the Swirly cards for 5-star units and above as these are far harder to train and level than the 4-star or lower cards.
- Don't forget that you can either feed 3-star units to other units or sell them for twelve Glory Points (GP) each. It is highly recommended that you sell these 3-star cards instead of sacrificing them as Glory Points are extremely hard to come by.
Do not use penguins on a fodder card to train your main with, doing so will negate 20-30% of its exp. This also does not work for any superb power-up materials (Littre) or stat-boosting type materials (Swirly cards, Beelzebub).