| Please note that the following guide is made for beginner players, by fellow players. |
When you start the game and after all the updates and downloading is finished, you are given the option to play as a guest or a registered HIVE user. Signing up for a HIVE account lets you share your progress across multiple devices. If you choose to play as a guest you can link your "guest account" to a HIVE account later. You will then be asked to choose a server, there are currently 4 servers, Korean, Global, Galaxy, and Universe (Universe is the newest one). After choosing a server a screen asking you for a nicknime/server ID and a referral code if you have one (Note: to successfully use a referral code you must be on the same server as that persons account). Afterwards the character selection screen will appear.
You can choose either Sam (Blue Cloud High School) or Noa (St. Calia High School). There are differences in their starting players, trainer, and background. They each have their own story mode dialogues involving their own schools. However, the story is very similar for each character. Both Sam and Noa are strikers. They have identical abilities and stats, and all the story mode rewards are the same. You will be shown their starting team and trainer along with their stats before being forced to choose. Both character's starting teams and coach/manager are similar, so don't worry. You can always change your team members/ace later (All players are available through gameplay, missions, events, or by using in game rewards).
After you've selected your starting member, you will jump into a tutorial screen. Sam's Guide will be Selena who is from Legend Tiger, while Noa will have Eve from The Champions as her Guide. A tutorial game will start using borrowed players. Depending on your choice, you will either play with Legend Tiger or The Champions players for the tutorial match.
Follow the tutorial from the Guide to learn more game mechanics and content. This guide will cover more things that the tutorial also covers.
It is recommended to follow the tutorial and start story mode matches to great early game rewards and to learn more about the game.
New Player BonusEdit
New players receive a FREE 14 day, daily log in bonus as well as a first purchase bonus pack when you purchase any package using real world money.
Your soccer team consists of 10 Players and 1 Support/Friend spot.
There are 3 Forward, 3 Midfielders, 3 Defenders, and 1 Goalkeeper along with a Support/Friend that can enter any position but the Goalkeeper spot. You must also select an "Ace" or captain for your team. Each player has an "Ace" ability, some are attribute specific while others affect all attributes. Players receive different bonuses when placed in their preferred positions.
There are players ranging from 2-6 stars, but all players and be special trained up to 7 stars. Players that start at 5-6 stars are generally better than lower ranking players even if they have achieved 5-6 stars themselves. Don't worry about your starting players much. You will quickly have a strong team comprised of 5-6 star players. You can get players from completing Story Mode, crystal draws, events, scouting, daily/log in rewards, and the Space Time Continuum.
Training your players will make them stronger. The fastest way is by levelling them up. Players can also Evolve and Extreme Evolve for increased stats. Finally, increasing a players star level can also raise their level cap.
Things you needEdit
The point of Soccer Spirits is to collect players and construct strong or fun teams. To do this you will need several things.
- Crystals - Mainly used for drawing players and expanding player storage. Later they can be used to purchase bonus matches and player skins (but don't worry about that when starting). Use these wisely.
- Gold - Gold is used for everything, you will need LOTS of it. You can get it by completing challenges, events, most game matches, and from story mode rewards.
- Glory Points (GP) - Are used for the Scout store to buy players, managers, and special cards. You can earn GP from Galaxy League modes, the Colosseum, achievements, manager abilities, and manager dispatch missions. Its recommended to save these for 5-6 Star players, gatekeepers, and fairies.
- Friendship Ponts - Similar to Crystals. They are used to draw for special cards.
- Dimension Stones - A late game currency that is hard to come by, especially if you are a Free 2 Play (F2P) player.
- Skin Points - A late game currency. Awarded through events or by purchasing them. Can be used to purchase skins for players.
Special cards are used to improve your players. You can sell them but they should be used to train your players. A few of these cards are specifically used for selling.
- Penguins - Used for training players quickly. They provide 1.5x the XP when used on players of the same attribute. They need gold to be used. It is recommended to Evolve low level penguins to 5 Star quality for the best XP value. It also costs gold to evolve them.
- Elementals - Materials used to Evolve and Extreme Evolve player cards and managers.
- Fairies (Fairy) - Fairies provide special effects when used as training material. They are also used to Extreme Evolve player cards. It is recommended to use these for Evolution and not training.
- Swirlies - Swirlies are also used to Evolve and Extreme Evolve players. When used as training material they can give bonus stats to players.
- Gatekeepers - Gatekeepers are rare and very valuable materials that each provide different bonuses. It is recommended to Evolve low level gatekeepers to 6 Star quality for the best effect.
Spirit Stones & Spirit CoresEdit
All payers have slots for spirit stones. These provide bonus stats and effects for players. There are 1-4 Star, Unique (5 Star), and Legendary Unique spirit stones. These can be sold for Gold and Spirit Cores.
Main Menu (Lodgings)Edit
The main menu is the landing page when you start Soccer Spirits. Here you will find various store offers, active events, and links to useful things.
- Player Book (Book) - The player book is a compendium of every available card in the game. You can use this to research various players in game as well as collect a crystal reward when finishing certain groups of players or cards.
- Friends - A page to manage friends.
- Club - Takes you to view available clubs, and your own if you are in one.
- Scout - GP Scout, Season Scout, Event Scout.
- Shop - Where you purchase most things. The Skin Store is here.
- Draw - Where you go to draw players using crystals or Friend Points.
- Achievements - A list of daily, season, and lifetime achievements.
- Inbox - Where rewards, reimbursment, purchases, and messages appear.
There are 3 types of managers. You start with one unlocked slot for each and can unlock a second one by leveling up. They provide bonuses for your team in various ways. Each manager has 2 abilities, an active and passive. The "active" ability must be activated by the player and has a cooldown. The passive ability is always active.
A sponsor mainly provides your team with Extra gold, Glory Points (GP), various discounts, boosts for gold, and expanded player storage (Lodgings).
Trainers primarily restore Stamina (ST) and/or Battle Points (BP). Secondary functions include providing stat bonuses, increased XP rewards, and expanded player storage (Lodgings).
Scouts have longer ability times and gather supplies for your team. They give free players, penguins, gatekeepers, and other useful things. Their secondary function can provide discount ST and BP match costs, increase player lodging, and increase the chance of the Scout finding special or better cards.
Match Center (Visiting)Edit
Story Mode (PVE)Edit
- Story Mode - The main story, provides tutorial and challenge matches with great rewards.
- Mission Mode - Unlocked after completing Story Mode.
Space Time Continuum (PVE)Edit
Rank 8 and up. Contains many useful matches and event matches.
- Training Match - Provides decent XP rewards, and some Player card rewards.
- Evolution Match - Rewards Evolution materials (Fairies, Elementals).
- Treasure Match - Gold and Spirit Stone matches. Also rewards Swirlies.
- Special Match - Event and Season matches.
- Space Time Match - Bonus matches purchased with crystals are found here. Provide various rewards.
Rank 15 and up. Resets every week.
- Colosseum of Despair - Rewards player cards and GP.
- Colosseum of Infinity - Rewards Swirlies, and Gold.
- Colosseum of Trials - Various Rewards.
Club Match (PVP)Edit
Available when you join a Club.
Galaxy League (PVP)Edit
In Galaxy League (PvP), which is unlocked at level 10, you can use 11 of your own players. If you don't have enough players on your team, you won't be able to start the game. This team will be on your 5th team slot by default. Other teams will play this team, but you can use any team you have built.
- Galaxy Arena - Provides single matches. Gives better rewards for longer win streaks.
- Galaxy Challenge League - Four game tournaments that reward a choice of GP, Gold, or Spirit Stones. Will raise your League Rank. Raising League rank provides bonuses at the end of the season.
Galaxy Live (PVP)Edit
Rank 50 and up. Real time PVP matches.
Dimension Continuum (PVE/Coop)Edit
Team up with others to do collective damage to stronger "boss" teams. Rewards you with Spirit Stones.
- You get one free daily Player draw, and a free Friendship draw every 8 hours (this does not stack).
- Saving crystals for the 10+1 draw is the best value.
- Save crystals for weekends draws, there are usually bonuses and increased draw rate events for players.
- Fully evolve penguins (and other special cards), always use them with the same attribute player for bonus XP.
- Don't waste any Glory Points (GP) trying to get any 3-4 star trainers, scouts, or sponsors.
- It is recommended that you buy some Lodging slots. You get 3 spots for 5 Crystals.
- There are tons of upgrading materials and Swirly cards which you will eventually get. The Swirly cards give a random stat boost if fed to a player card. Save the Swirly cards for 5-star units and above as these are far harder to train and level than the 4-star or lower cards. Be careful as they work with a % success rate which is shown when you add a swirly. You may need to add more than 1 swirly to succeed, and even at 90% you can still fail. This makes it advisable to aim for 100% (either 1 5-star swirly or many smaller swirlies). Do this wisely, as feeding Swirlies can be a major gold sink.
- You can check an enemy team's ability in the screen before starting. This may help you adjust your team to beat the opponents, if your team's abilities are nearly the same as the enemies.
Loading Screen TipsEdit
"Oh, me? I'm Selena and I'll be your guide from now on."
"Sit back and relax!"
"Leave it to me! I'll get it done soon enough!"
"Hang in there!"
"This is a chance for us to get to know each other, you know?"
"Are you getting bored?"
"The files are working hard! Go, files, go!"
"Achoo! I almost just deleted a file by accident!"
"Try screaming Download complete!"
"Any day now..."
"Stop tapping on the screen!"
"I came from far, far away."
"I came from a place far away. Further than you can imagine."
Selena Loading Screen GuideEdit
- Try a long pass if you can't get through the middle line.
- You can trade your Evolved player with Superb Power-up Lv.5 for a character of the same grade.
- You can start Superb Power-up by training with the same characters, for which you'll receive a bonus for all the stats and an additional skill bonus.
- You can evolve your player when the player reaches Lv.50. The MAX stats limit is increased and the player gets new skills when Evolved.
- Game notices and events are brought to you by Selena and Eve.
- You can get Swirlies used for increasing player stats by playing in the Weekend matches in Space -Time Continuum.
- You can get extra Gold by playing in he Weekend matches in Space -Time Continuum.
- You can get Penguin used as EXP material by playing in the Guerrilla matches in Space -Time Continuum.
- You can get Elementals used for Evolution by playing in the Daily Matches in Space -Time Continuum.
- All matches in Space -Time Continuum can be played in Auto Mode.
- You can play the chapters you already cleared in Auto Mode.
- Your MAX ST, MAX BP, and MAX No. of friends increase when your Rank goes up.
- Your ST and BP are fully charged when your Rank goes up.
- You can collect Crystals according to the characters you acquire by going to the Character Menu in Management.
- Rewards for Colosseum of Despair can be collected 12 hours after the ranking reset.
- You can use up to 3 Globes for free for scouting. Globes are recharged every 2 hours.
- You can use up to 4 Battle Balls for free for Galaxy Super league. Battle Balls are recharged every 30 minutes.
- ST is recharged every 5 minutes and BP is recharged every 3 minutes.
- You can Power-up up to +160 and each stats can be Powered-up up to +40. (Manager stats excluded)
- One of the stats will increase by 5 if you use Beelzebub as the training material.
- Use Kuma or Evolved Kuma as training material to get a lot of EXP.
- You can start Superb Training by using Littre as material for a character of 4-Stars or lower.
- Rival and Boss characters can't be traded or sold for GP.
- You can get GP by selling players of 3-Star of higher and managers.
- You can get Crystals by Evolving your players.
- The inflicted damage decreases and the Cooperative Defence chance increases with high Defence.
- The chances of stealing the ball increases with high Technique.
- The penetration damage is decreased by 50% for goalkeepers.
- When you pass, the Attack Power of the player that receives the pass is increased.